PALLMANN are a 120+ year old German manufacturer of wood floor products and machinery for professional installation, renovation and maintenance of wood floors.
Our products are technically sound and at the forefront of innovation and quality. They are failsafe when used correctly. Training is very important to ensure correct use and a successful business. Our UK and German trainers are industry professionals with many years of practical experience. We currently offer 1 and 2 day courses but can also offer bespoke training specific to your needs. We also offer on- site training coming to your premises with machinery and products to improve your offerings and give expert advice.
Wood specific subfloor training (1 Day)
Using UZIN UTZ and PALLMANN products full training is given to ensure a successful wood floor installation.
From recognising existing subfloor types to installing new we can offer comprehensive products that give confidence and guarantee success on any project.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- Subfloor identification
- Overview of British Standards relevant to the flooring industry
- Explanation of moisture tests
- DPM solutions
- Priming methods
- Smoothing and levelling compounds
- Adhesive selection & application
- Overview of tools and machine
PALLMANN FINISHING & BRUSHING COURSE (1 DAY)
Using the PALLMANN SPIDER we will show the brushing attachment which enhances the soft grain to allow colour and finish. Encompassed with sanding techniques to remove processes on site and PALLMANN filling technology this is a comprehensive day that increases any artisan’s offerings.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- Sanding- Moving through the grades using dust free technology
- Brushing- Spider attachment that gives any floor a new dimension
- Filling- Our fillers use fibre technology surpassing all others
- Finishing- Lacquer or oil, advantages and disadvantages
- Maintenance products- An important part of any Artisan’s skill set. An undiscovered trail of income
PALLMANN excellence training (2 Days)
A comprehensive run through from the basics to expert finishing and maintenance with guest speakers
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- Environmental effects on timber
- Recognising problems with timber floors
- The basis for any perfect surface
- Assessment of existing wood floor surfaces
- Joint filler solutions & primers- Abrasives & Tools Practice
- Renovation of wood floors
- Renovation of structured wood floors; With the PALLMANN brushing technique, industrially structured wood floors can be reconditioned and refined.
- Trends, tips and tricks for successful colouring of wood floors
- Surface finishing are individual as the use of the Wood floor surface:
- Resistance or how will the room be used and what challenges must it withstand?
- What are the gloss levels and how do they affect the look?
- Which primer: What does it do and what is its design influence? What effect does it have, and what is its design influence - from the priming to the colour?
- Basics of surface treatment with oil, lacquer systems up to the care and cleaning products for old wood floors
- Cleaning and maintenance are products for wood floors
- Subfloor Training: 2nd May '23 / 10 spaces available / 1 day
- Excellence Training: 15-16th May '23 / 10 spaces available / 2 day
- Brushing & Oiling: 5th June '23 / 10 spaces available / 1 day
WHAT DOES IT COST?
Cost £100 payable to Uzin Utz UK and part refunded on satisfactory course completion with a credit note to be spent on PALLMANN products with one of our distribution partners. Lunch is provided.
WHERE IS THE TRAINING & AT WHAT TIME?
Uzin Utz UK training centre, Unit 2, Mitchell Court, Rugby, CV23 0UY. The courses run from 9:00 am to 17:00 pm
HOW DO I BOOK A PLACE?
Please fill in and submit the form below. A PALLMANN employee will then get in touch with you.
You can also send us an email or give us a call